- Geförderte Personen
CALL: 67th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting - Chemistry
67th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting, dedicated to Chemistry
(25 - 30 June 2017)
About 600 highly-talented young scientists from all over the world will get the unique chance to spend an inspiring week with Nobel Laureates in Chemistry – to exchange experiences and establish valuable contact in science and beyond.
Undergraduate students, master and doctoral students and young postdoctoral scientists in the field of Chemistry who want to participate, are invited to submit their application at the Austrian Academy of Sciences, the nominating institution for the participants from Austria.
In general, young researchers are eligible to be nominated if:
- they are not older than 35 years of age,
- they have not participated in previous Lindau Meetings,
- they do not yet have a permanent professional working position,
- they can provide records of distinctly above-average academic achievements
- they can provide at least one letter of recommendation,
- and commit themselves to being present for the full duration of the meeting.
The complete selection criteria can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
A committee comprised of experts in chemistry, who are also members of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, will review all nominations and applications and will select a group of up to 20 candidates to be forwarded to the organizing Council for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings. This panel will then select up to 10 applicants to participate. These candidates will be informed in February/March 2017.
How to Apply or Nominate:
Please fill out the application form (see below) and send it with the required documents by October 7, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommendation letter - guideline:
- Length: roughly one DIN A4 page submitted as a pdf file
- Language: English
- A description of the candidate’s achievements that could also cover details not found in the candidate’s CV
- The letter should be written by a person who knows the person well, e.g. supervisor of the Master or PhD thesis
- An individual letter for each candidate and not a standard letter that is very similar for all the candidates
For more information about the meetings and the application process visit http://www.lindau-nobel.org/.