- Anniversary Fund
- Fellows and Prize Winners
APART Instructions for Applicants
Instructions for Applicants
Fill in the online application form (Online-Erfassungsbogen) in German. After you have submitted your application documents, your data are stored in the database of the Office for Fellowships and Awards of the OeAW.
Sign the printed version of the online application form and send it by regular mail together with two hard copies of all the requested documents (printed on one side only) to the Office for Fellowships and Awards. In addition, please send all documents as PDF-files by email.
You may exclude up to three potential reviewers from the review procedure.
Do not use staples and put the hard copies of your documents in the order listed below. (The documents you submit will not be returned after the end of the evaluation process.)
After the application deadline it is not possible to change or add anything. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
Application deadline: May 1 (postmark)
Revision of rejected applications
In case you have revised and intend to resubmit an application after previous rejection, please indicate that it is a resubmission in a letter accompanying your application.
In addition, include comments on each review addressing the suggestions and criticism expressed in the review of the previous application and point out the changes that have been made. This can be done either in the accompanying letter or in the project description.
Please send by regular mail (two hard copies):
A) Application Documents:
- Online application form (Online-Erfassungsbogen)
- Tabular CV
Note: Completion of a doctorate or PhD is required for the application for APART.
- Cover letter describing the applicant's medium-term career objectives, the desired impact of the fellowship on the applicant's scientific career as well as the motivation for the choice of the scientific fields the applicant contributes to (max. 2 pages).
- Publication list
This list should be a complete list of your scientific publications ordered inversely chronological as follows: peer-reviewed journals (incl. accepted and submitted), books, editions, published conference papers, posters. The list must mention for each work: all authors, full title, series/journal title, year and page numbers. Do not use abbreviations!
Please also state which publications result from your doctoral thesis.
- Invitation letter(s) from the host institution(s) (one copy must bear the original signature)
Note: If the host institution is not in Austria, a signed letter from an Austrian research institution must confirm the possibility of returning following the project's completion (this is relevant only for Austrian citizens using the fellowship for a research stay abroad).
- Confirmation by the head of the research institute that a work space is provided, if that is necessary (one copy must bear the original signature)
- Time schedule and work plan for the planned research stay(s) abroad and separate breakdown of requested costs for material and/or equipment.
- Submission of all relevant clearance and any permits (e.g. from the Ethics Commission or the Commission for Animal Experimentation) that are required
B) Project Description:
- Abstract (i.e. project summary of 1-2 pages)
- Project description (min. 10 and max. 20 pages
The Project description must be structured as follows:
• Background (description of the problem/ status of research
• Specific Aims
• Work Procedure and Timetable
All documents that are sent by regular mail have to be sent by email as well.
Please send 3 PDF-files to email@example.com:
A) Application documents (pt 1-8)
B1) Abstract (pt 9)
B2) Project description (pt 10)
Please send two hard copies of the application documents by regular mail to the following address:
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Office of Fellowships and Awards