The Bader Award for Art History is given to support work on a doctoral thesis or a research project.
Applications are invited from
- young, highly qualified doctoral candidates from Austria up to 32 years of age conducting research in Austria and abroad on painting and drawing between 1500 and 1750
- post-docs from Austria up to 40 years of age who are conducting research on painting and drawing between 1500 and 1750 within the framework of a research project.
Prize winners are decided by the General Assembly of the OeAW at the recommendation of an awards committee on the basis of international peer review and a hearing of the best-ranking candidates.
- Tabular CV and list of publications
- Letter of recommendation from doctoral supervisor or a scholar
- Exposé of the research project (ca. 5–10 pages)
The following points must be covered:
- general aims and a detailed outline of the problem
- Project plan including methodology
ONLINE FORM (will be open again for the call in 2020).
The completed documents are to be uploaded via the online form and sent by post.
Fill in the online form and upload the documents in one PDF file.
It is not necessary to supply signatures in the electronic versions. Protected files will not be accepted.
The individual files may not exceed 3 MB. The files are to be given the following names:
Application_Surname.pdf (i.e. application documents)
Please send this documentation in hard copy by post to the following address:
Department of Fellowships and Awards
Austrian Academy of Sciences