Bader Award for the History of the Natural Sciences
Applications are invited from young scientists working on the history of the natural sciences (preferably with a focus on the development of concepts and ideas) who submit a pilot project which has been developed as preparation for
- a doctoral thesis under the joint supervision of a natural scientist and an historian
- a research project whose team includes, as a rule, at least one natural scientist and one historian.
The work submitted may not be already complete; financing is not available for a current project.
Successful realisation should be demonstrated one year after approval at the latest, via a talk before the awards committee or a fully developed project proposal and/or a publication on the topic.
Prize winners are decided by the General Assembly of the OeAW at the recommendation of an awards committee on the basis of international peer review and a hearing of the best-ranking candidates.
- Online form
- Tabular CV and list of publications
- Letter of recommendation from doctoral supervisor or a scholar
- Submission of a research plan for use of the prize money
- Exposé of the research project (ca. 5–10 pages)
The following points must be covered:
- general aims and detailed presentation of the problem
- project plan including methodology
Please send this documentation in PDF format by email to application(at)oeaw.ac.at and in hard copy by post to the following address:
Department of Fellowships and Awards
Austrian Academy of Sciences