The Edmund and Rosa Hlawka Award for Mathematics is given to mathematicians holding Austrian citizenship and no older than 45 for outstanding scientific achievements in the fields of number theory and geometry, especially the theory of equidistribution and the geometry of numbers.
Scientists working at a university or a non-university research institution in Austria are invited to nominate suitable candidates.
Self-nominations are not accepted.
Prize winners are decided by the Division of Mathematics and the Natural Sciences of the OeAW at the recommendation of an awards committee on the basis of international peer review.
- Personal statement by the nominator covering the following aspects:
- nominee’s scientific career and international visibility in the scientific community
- nominee’s influence on the development of research in the field
- outline of the nominee’s research achievements
- Tabular CV including list of publications for the nominee
- Selection of a maximum of 3 of the nominee’s most important publications documenting the prizeworthy achievement
For the nomination the ONLINE FORM is to be used.
ONLINE FORM: Deadline 2020 expired.
The completed documents are to be uploaded via the online form and sent by post.
Fill in the online form and upload the documents as a total of 2 PDF files.
It is not necessary to supply signatures in the electronic versions. Protected files will not be accepted.
The individual files may not exceed 10 MB. The files are to be given the following names:
Application_Surname.pdf (i.e. application / nomination documents)
Publication1_Surname.pdf (i.e. publications of the nominated candidate)
Please send the nomination documents and the completed and signed online form by post to the following address:
Fellowships and Awards
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Vordere Zollamtsstraße 3