The Elisabeth Lutz Award is given for outstanding applied research in the field of bio or life sciences, especially for new findings or innovative research approaches that could help develop new therapeutic methods.
Applications are invited from scientists who received their doctorate no longer than 8 years ago and are working at an Austrian university or an Austrian non-university research institution and have already gained attention for outstanding achievements.
Applications must come directly from the candidates themselves – nominations are not accepted.
Selection is performed by an awards committee appointed by the Austrian Academy of Sciences, and follows an international peer review process.
Amount: 15,000 Euros
A third of the prize money goes to the researcher, a third to the department/institute and a third to the host institution. The department/institute and host institution are expected to plough their share back into research projects.
Application documents (in English):
- Letter of application, including an outline of the applicant’s own research achievements with regard to the state of the art in the specialist area (length: 2 pages max.)
- Tabular CV including a list of publications
- Brief description of the type and extent of the applicant’s contribution to these selected publications
- Reference from the head of the applicant’s institute
- Selection of no more than three of the applicant’s most important publications
ONLINE FORM (Registration deadline 2019 expired, the form will be available for the submission deadline 2020)
The completed documents are to be uploaded via the online form and sent by post.
Fill in the online form and upload the documents as a total of 4 PDF files.
It is not necessary to supply signatures in the electronic versions. Protected files will not be accepted.
The individual files may not exceed 3 MB. The files are to be given the following names:
Application_Surname.pdf (i.e. application documents)
Publication1_Surname.pdf (i.e. publication submitted_1)
Publication2_Surname.pdf (i.e. publication submitted_2)
Publication3_Surname.pdf (i.e. publication submitted_3)
Please send all application documents in hard copy by post to the following address:
Fellowships and Awards
Austrian Academy of Sciences