The Erwin Schrödinger Award is given to scientists working in Austria who have produced outstanding academic achievements in fields broadly represented by the Division of Mathematics and the Natural Sciences of the OeAW.
The award is intended to honour a scholar’s life’s work or an outstanding achievement that has had a sustained impact within or beyond the field.
Full Members of the OeAW are not eligible for the award.
Only by recommendation by Members of the OeAW (full Members and corresponding Members abroad)
The prize winner is decided by the Division of Mathematics and the Natural Sciences of the OeAW at the recommendation of an awards committee on the basis of international peer review.
- Tabular CV and list of publications for the nominee, including a list of the ten most-cited works in the ISI
- Detailed reasons for nomination, giving consideration to the following aspects:
- - The nominee’s scientific career and international visibility in the scientific community
- The nominee’s influence on the development of research in the field
- Outline of the nominee’s research achievements that have had a significant and sustained impact within or beyond the field.
- Selection of the nominee’s three most important publications (as PDFs)
Please send all application documents in one PDF file by email to application(at)oeaw.ac.at and in hard copy by post to the following address:
Fellowships and Awards
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Vordere Zollamtsstraße 3