The Johann Wilhelm Ritter von Mannagetta Award for Medicine is given for outstanding work in the field of medical research.
In 2021 submissions are invited for works researching the mechanisms of cancer genesis.
Nominations are sought for scientists aged 45 and under (allowances are made for parental leave) who have produced outstanding research in their field and are working at an Austrian university or research institution at the time of their nomination.
The winner is selected by an awards committee appointed by the Austrian Academy of Sciences. The committee may also consult external experts.
Nomination documents (in English)
- a personal statement by the nominator with regard to the following aspects:
- the nominee´s scientific career and international visibility within the scientific community
- the nominee´s influence on the development of research in the field
- a description of the nominee´s research achieventstabular CV including a list the nominee´s publications
- a selection of the 3 (max.) most important publications documenting the nominee´s prize-worthy achievements, as PDFs
The completed documents are to be uploaded via the online form and sent by post.
Fill in the online form and upload the documents as a total of 4 PDF files.
It is not necessary to supply signatures in the electronic versions. Protected files will not be accepted.
The individual files may not exceed 10 MB. The files are to be given the following names:
- Nomination_Surname.pdf (= i.e. nomination documtnes)
- Publication1_Surname.pdf (= i.e. publication1 submitted as PDF file)
- Publication2_Surname.pdf (= i.e. publication2 submitted as PDF file)
- Publication3_Surname.pdf (= i.e. publication3 submitted as PDF file)
Please send the nomination documents, submitted publications and the completed and signed online form by post to the following address:
Fellowships and Awards
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Vordere Zollamtsstraße 3