Two Johann Wilhelm Ritter von Mannagetta Promotion Awards for Medicine are available for outstanding publications (original articles in peer-reviewed journals) in the field of medical research.
In 2020 Promotion Awards will be given for contributions ot the field of dementia research.
Submissions are invited form scientists who have received their doctorate/PhD within the last four years, undertook their doctoral research in an Austrian university or are working at an Austrian university or research institution at the time of application.
Prize winners are selected by an anwards committee appointed by the Austrian Academy of Sciences. The committee may also consult external experts.
Application documents (in English)
- tabular CV including list of publications
- letter of recommendation
- abstract of the work submitted (max. 1 page, in German and English)
- brief outline of the type and extent of the applicant´s contribution to the work submitted
- a PDF file of the work submitted
Fill in the ONLINE FORM and upload the application documents as a total of 2 PDF files.
It is not necessary to supply signatures in electronic versions. Protected files will not be accepted.
The individual files may not exceed 10 MB. The files are to be given the following names:
- Application_Surname.pdf (= i.e. application documents)
- Publication1_Surname.pdf (= i.e. publication submitted )
Please send the application documents, the work submitted and the completed and signed online form by post to the follwoing address:
Stipendien und Preise
Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Vordere Zollamtsstraße 3