HOW TO APPLY
30 April 2021
Language of application
Applications can be submitted in German or English.
It is not possible to alter the application or to provide missing documents after submission. Only applications that fulfil the formal criteria will be accepted for review.
Upon receipt of the application, the applicant’s data are entered into the database of the Department of Fellowships and Awards.
- Tabular CV incl. list of publications
- Proof of previous university qualifications
- (i.e. copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates and certification (Sammelzeugnis) of prior progress made in doctoral/PhD studies)
- Copy of approval of the topic of the doctoral thesis
- Statement by the doctoral thesis supervisor with respect to the applicant’s qualification and expected completion of the thesis
- Invitation from the host institution (if a stay abroad is planned)
- Abstract (1–2 pages) of the doctoral thesis
- Detailed research proposal (10–15 pages)
The following points must be covered:
- Outline of the theoretical foundations and research question(s) including details of prior preparatory work
- Detailed timetable and work plan for the requested funding period
- Explanation of the necessity for the stay abroad within the framework of the fellowship (if planned)
The completed documents are to be submitted via the online form.
Afterwards, you will receive a document that you will have to sign, scan, and submit via email.
Submission via the online form
Please complete the online form and upload your documents as a single PDF file.
The file may not exceed 3 MB. Protected files will not be accepted.
Upon receipt of your application, we will check that it is complete and meets the formal criteria.
Once the project has been checked for completeness, the applicant will receive confirmation by email.