HOW TO APPLY
30 April 2020
Language of application
Applications can be submitted in German or English.
It is not possible to alter the application or to provide missing documents after submission. Only applications that fulfil the formal criteria will be accepted for review.
Upon receipt of the application, the applicant’s data are entered into the database of the Department of Fellowships and Awards.
- Tabular CV incl. list of publications
- Proof of previous university qualifications
- (i.e. copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates and certification (Sammelzeugnis) of prior progress made in doctoral/PhD studies)
- Copy of approval of the topic of the doctoral thesis
- Statement by the doctoral thesis supervisor with respect to the applicant’s qualification and expected completion of the thesis
- Invitation from the host institution (if a stay abroad is planned)
- Abstract (1–2 pages) of the doctoral thesis
- Detailed research proposal (10–15 pages)
The following points must be covered:
- Outline of the theoretical foundations and research question(s) including details of prior preparatory work
- Detailed timetable and work plan for the requested funding period
- Explanation of the necessity for the stay abroad within the framework of the fellowship (if planned)
The completed documents are to be submitted via the online form and by post.
Submission via the online form
Please complete the online form and upload your documents as a single PDF file.
It is not necessary to sign the electronic versions. Protected files will not be accepted.
The file may not exceed 3 MB.
Submission by post
Please send a signed hard copy of the completed online form together with the documents listed above (do not write on both sides) to:
Stipendien und Preise
Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Vordere Zollamtsstraße 3
When enclosing your documents, do not use plastic folders, paper clips, staples or any form of binding and submit your documents in the order in which they are listed above. (Documents will not be returned following review.)
Upon receipt of the application before the deadline, we will check that it is complete and fulfils all formal criteria.
After applications have been checked for completeness, applicants receive confirmation by email.