I General guidelines
Deadline for Submissions:
March 1, 2020 (date of the postmark)
Applications are to be written in English.
It is not possible to make amendments or submit missing documents once an application has been submitted.
Only applications fulfilling the formal criteria will be considered for assessment.
Exclusion of reviewers
Applicants may request that up to three potential reviewers who have negative conflicts of interest be excluded from the review process.
In the event of an unsuccessful application, it is possible to resubmit a reworked proposal, as long as the conditions of application are fulfilled.
Applications submitted a second time must be clearly indicated as such. A cover letter to a repeat submission must outline the progress that has been made with the project since the first submission. If the reviews of the first submission expressed criticism or suggestions for reworking, a statement must be made on this and it must be shown whether and how these suggestions have been taken into consideration.
II Online form
Upon receipt of the completed form, the applicant's data will be entered into the database of the Department of Fellowship and Awards.
Online-Form (accessible at the next submission deadline)
III Preparing documents
To complete the application, it is necessary to prepare application documents.
- A tabular CV
- Copy of proof of previous university qualifications (Diplom or Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, Dr./PhD degree),
i.e. a list of all examinations passed during your studies, including grades and enclosure of the Transcripts of Records or certificates from all stages of your studies (as copies).
- A list of publications
A clear structure, i.e. a complete list of academic publications in reverse chronological order stating all authors, title, medium of publication (no abbreviations!), year, number of first and last page.
- Career and research plan for the next 3 years (1 page),
explaining what the Fellowship you are applying for would mean for your future academic career and your motivation for your chosen field of research.
- Project exposé (min. 5 to max. 7 pages, excluding select bibliography).
The project exposé must consider:
- current state of research
- Research questions and methodological considerations
- Work steps and timetable (esp. for the requested duration of the Fellowship)
- Select bibliography
- Letter of recommendation by your doctoral supervisor or by the principal investigator of the project.
- Confirmation of a workspace, i.e. confirmation of the possibility to use rooms and resources at the institute (including an original signed copy).
- Enclosure of the permits required for the research project (e.g. clearance certificate from the Ethics Commission or the Commission for Animal Testing).
IV Submitting documents
The completed documents are to be uploaded via the online form and sent by post.
Upload via online form
Fill in the online form and upload the documents as one PDF file.
It is not necessary to supply signatures in the electronic version. Protected files will not be accepted.
The PDF file may not exceed 3 MB.
Delivery by post
Send a signed copy of the completed online form together with the above mentioned documents (written on one side only) to:
Carina Tiefenbacher, BA
Universitätsstraße 5 / 12
Do not use plastic wallets or staples when compiling your documents. Submit them in the sequence outlined below, unbound.
(The documents will not be returned following the assessment process.)
Upon receipt of your application, we will check that it is complete and meets the formal criteria.
Once the project has been checked for completeness, the applicant will receive confirmation by email.