PRE-DOC FELLOWSHIPS from the Mannagetta Foundation
I GENERAL INFORMATION
End of the submission deadline
postponed: 30 September 2020
Language of the application
Applications can be submitted in either German or English.
After receipt of the application, changes or submission of missing documents are no longer possible.
Only applications meeting the formal criteria will be included in the evaluation review.
II ONLINE FORM
The applicant’s data, after receipt of the application documents, will be taken into the database of the Department for Fellowships and Awards.
Online Form (accessible at the next submission deadline)
III PREPARATION OF THE DOCUMENTS
For completion of the application the application documents as well as the project documents must be prepared.
- Tabular CV
- List of publications including an indication of which publications emerged from the master's thesis
- Motivation statement with a justification of the application (1 page)
- Statement by the thesis supervisor with evaluation of the applicant’s professional qualifications and on the thesis project (relevance, preparatory work by the applicant, if any)
- If necessary: Confirmation of a workspace, i.e. confirmation of the possibility to use rooms and resources at the institute (including an original signed copy)
- Examiners’ reports of the master’s thesis (if available)
- Proof of previous academic performance (bachelor’s and master’s studies): Submission of grades of all study segments (photocopies), i.e., a listing of all examination performance (including marks) in studies
- Proof of social need by means of information on the applicant’s own assets or submission of evidence of personal income (payroll stub, income tax assessment or certification by employer)
Note: The information on social need will only be stored internally for formal review of the application documents and will not be forwarded to the members of the Selection Committee or the reviewers.
- Abstract (= short version of the project description, maximum 1 page), one version each in English and German
- Description of the dissertation project (5-8 pages)
The following points must be taken into account:
- Scientific relevance and brief presentation of the current state of research
- Research questions/hypotheses, methods, objectives (where applicable, including preparatory work already produced)
- (potential) Cooperation partners
- Schedule for the support period applied for and design for further financing envisaged (type of support envisaged)
- List of literature relevant to the project
IV SUBMISSION OF THE DOCUMENTS
All prepared documents must be submitted via the online form.
1) Fill in the online form (see item II above) and upload the documents in a total of four PDF files.
Give your name and the title of the project in the abstract.Protected files will not be accepted.
The size of the individual files may not exceed 3 MB. The files are to be named as follows:
- Application_lastname.pdf (= Application documents)
- Abstract_lastname.pdf (= Abstract)
- Proposal_lastname.pdf (= Project description)
- Proof_lastname.pdf) (= Proof of income)
2) Once you have completed the online form and uploaded the documents, click Submit. You will receive an email with the PDF version of the completed online form to confirm that your application has been submitted.
Print out this PDF version of the completed form, sign it and send it by post to:
Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Abteilung für Stipendien und Preise
Vordere Zollamtsstraße 3
After expiry of the submission deadline, the applications received on time will be checked for completeness and the presence of any formal flaws and recorded in the database of the Department for Fellowships and Awards with a project number (A-number).
After completion of the completeness check, the applicants will receive more precise information about the further course of procedure by email.