How to apply
I GENERAL GUIDELINES
Language of application
Applications can be submitted in German or English.
It is not possible to alter the application or to provide missing documents after submission.
Only applications that fulfil the formal criteria will be accepted for review.
Exclusion of reviewers
It is possible to exclude from the review process up to three potential reviewers who may not be well disposed towards the proposed project.
II ONLINE FORM
Upon receipt of the application, the applicant’s data are entered into the database of the Department of Fellowships and Awards.
Online form (accessible at the next submission deadline)
III PREPARING DOCUMENTS
- tabular CV incl. list of publications
- letter of motivation including a career and research plan for the next 3–5 years (1–2 pages max.)
- Copies of Diplom/Master’s and doctorate/PhD certificates and doctorate
- Examiners’ reports on doctoral thesis
- Letter of recommendation by doctoral thesis supervisor outlining the applicant’s academic career to date, scholarly potential and career prospects (national and international)
- Abstract of the doctoral thesis (five pages max.)
- Application for funding for developing an application for third-party funding:
Exposé of research proposal (5–10 pages) incl. the funding body and the funding line
- Application to complete publications:
Abstracts of the planned contributions incl. the planned place of publication (journal/publishing house)
- Application for funding networking:
Reason for the research institutions selected and the necessity of the planned stays abroad
Dissertation and publications
- 1–3 of the applicant’s most important publications
IV SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS
All prepared documents must be submitted via the online form.
The application documents, project documents and the completed and signed online form must also be sent by post.
Submission via the online form
Please complete the online form (see point II) and upload your documents as PDF files. In the abstract, state your name and the title of the proposed project. The individual files may not exceed 3 MB. Name the files as follows:
- Application_surname.pdf (=application documents)
- Project_surname (=project documents)
It is not necessary to sign the electronic version. Protected files cannot be accepted.
Submission by post
Please send a signed copy of the online form together with the application documents and project documents (do not write on both sides an do not use staples) to:
Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Abteilung für Stipendien und Preise
Vordere Zollamtsstraße 3
Please note: we do NOT require print versions of your doctoral thesis and publication.
Upon receipt of the application before the deadline, we will check that it is complete and fulfils all formal criteria before filing it with a project number (A-number) in the database of the Department of Fellowships and Awards.
After applications have been checked for completeness, applicants receive confirmation by email.