JESH - Joint Excellence in Science and Humanities
I GENERAL GUIDELINES
Application are to be written in English.
It is not possible to make amendments or submit missing documents once an application has been submitted.
Only applications fulfilling the formal criteria will be considered for assessment.
In the event of an unsuccessful application, it is possible to resubmit a reworked proposal, as long as the conditions of application are fulfilled.
Applications submitted a second time must be clearly indicated as such. A cover letter to a repeat submission must outline the progress that has been made with the project since the first submission. If the reviews of the first submission expressed criticism or suggestions for reworking, a statement must be made on this and it must be shown whether and how these suggestions have been taken into consideration.
II ENTERING THE ONLINE FORM
Upon receipt of the completed form, the applicant's data will be entered into the database of the Department of Fellowships and Awards.
Further processing will take place after receipt of the application documents.
III PREPARING DOCUMENTS
Application documents (in English)
- Application form
- CV and list of publications
- Project abstract (1 page)
- Project exposé (5–10 pages) covering the following aspects:
- general aims and current state of research
- detailed presentation of the problem and methodology
- reasons for the research stay and the proposed cooperation
- work steps and timetable
- Breakdown of costs (travel and accommodation costs)
- Confirmation of employment/affiliation in country of origin by the head of the institution. Please use this form.
- Statement by the host institution including reason for the invitation and outline of the proposed cooperation and scholarly potential of the proposed project Please use this form.
IV SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS
The application documents are to be submitted as PDFs by email to jesh.application(at)oeaw.ac.at.
Upon receipt of your application, it will be checked that it is complete and meets the formal criteria and it will then be entered into the database of the Department of Fellowships and Awards with a project number (A-number).
Once the project has been checked for completeness, the applicant will receive confirmation by email.