The Wilhelm HartelAward is given to scholars working in Austria who have produced outstanding scientific achievements in the disciplines broadly represented by the Division of Humanities and the Social Sciences of the OeAW.
The award is intended to honour a scholar’s life’s work.
Full Members of the OeAW are not eligible for the prize.
Only full Members and corresponding Members abroad of the OeAW may submit nominations.
Members of the awards committee may not submit nominations.
It is possible to resubmit a nomination that has not been considered after a blocking period of two years; this must be based on substantial scientific development.
Prize winners are decided on the basis of international peer review by an awards committee that has been set up by the Division of Humanities and the Social Sciences of the OeAW.
- Tabular CV and list of publications for the nominee
- Selection of the nominee’s three most important publications (as PDFs)
- Detailed reasons for the nomination, covering the following aspects:
- nominee’s scholarly career and international visibility in the scientific community
- nominee’s influence on the development of research in the field
- outline of the nominee’s research achievements that have had a sustained impact within or beyond the field
Please send this documentation in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in hard copy by post to the following address:
Department of Fellowships and Awards
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Vordere Zollamtsstraße 3